Here's a quick and simple summer recipe that you can make in the winter when you need that little reminder of summer to get you through those cold dreary days. From the July 2010 issue of Cooking Light I bring you Grilled Pork Chops with Two Melon Salsa.
1 cup chopped honeydew melon
3 Tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
1 Tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 4-ounce boneless center cut pork chops
1. Combine all salsa ingredients and set aside.
2. Heat a grill pan over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray.
3. combine canola oil, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper in a small bowl.
4. Rub oil mixture on both sides of pork chops.
5. Cook pork chops in grill pan for 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
6. Serve each pork chop with 1/2 cup of melon salsa.
To keep it interesting you can also substitute your favorite soft fruit such as peaches or mangos.
Sodium 458 mg
Calphalon 13-in. Nonstick CS Nonstick Grill Pan
Emerilware from All-Clad 10x10-in. Square Cast Iron Grill Pan
Architec 12x19 Restaurant Gripper "The Gripper" Professional Cutting Board, Red