May traditionally sees many events such as Mother's Day Brunches, Graduation parties and Bridal showers. To start off the month I found a great ham recipe in Prevention Magazine's August 2010 issue to help you with the menu for your May Event. Be sure to check out the Calphalon Nonstick Cookware to help you prepare your buffet or brunch with ease.
7 lb. Bone-in-ham
16 whole cloves
1/4 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 TBSP Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place ham in roasting pan, (the Calphalon 10×14-in. Simply Calphalon Nonstick Roaster works well for this) fat side up. Score diamonds on the fat side of the ham and press a clove into the center of each one.
3. Bake on bottom rack of oven approximately 1 hour.
4. While ham is cooking mix orange marmalade, brown sugar and Dijon mustard in a small mixing bowl.
5. Remove ham from oven and coat with orange glaze.
6. Cook ham approximately 1 hour longer until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees, recoating with orange glaze twice during cooking.
7. Remove ham from oven and let stand 30 minutes.
serving size: 4 0z
protein: 30 grams
Carbs: 7 grams
fiber: 3.5 grams
fat: 3.5 grams
saturated fat: 1 gram
sodium: 999 mg
Calphalon 10×14-in. Simply Calphalon Nonstick Roaster
Calphalon 8-pc. Katana Series Cutlery Set with Bamboo Block
Rachael Ray 2-pc. Nylon Tools Pastry Brush Set, Blue